Sunday, January 18, 2009

Libby's birthday part 2




On Friday (January 9) I picked up Caleb while I was in Sioux City and brought him back to our house to spend the night. This was Caleb's first overnight trip anywhere without his big sister along. We picked him up at Tina's who was Libby's sitter also. It was really sad but Libby didn't remember going there. All the kids are different now so that was some of the "newness". She ran around and played with the toys while I visited with Tina a bit. Caleb was very anxious to go so we didn't get to stay very long. On our journey back to Omaha, the 3 of us stopped at McDonald's in Onawa for lunch and a potty break. I was also hoping that the kids would sleep after lunch since it was naptime. Libby slept for about 30 minutes but Caleb did not. I was a little concerned about driving by myself with the two kids but it was fine.
Back at our house was a little more stressful. Neither one of the kids would lay down to take a nap despite being super tired. This made me a little tired since I need a break too! I did manage to take a shower and get ready to go. After Mike got off work we took the kids to "The Amazing Pizza Machine". Caleb had the time of his life! The kid had never been to a buffet before and had never been to a place where he could have 5 different kinds of slushes! Uncle Mike played a bunch of games with Caleb while I chased Libby around. Caleb was so good! It is amazing how different that kid acts when he is away from his parents and sister.
After we got home the kids took a bath. Libby is usually terrified to take a bath with Caleb but this time she was fine with it. Both of the kids slept well that night. It was a good thing too since Libby had a big day ahead of her!

No comments: