Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008 part 2







On Friday morning I got up super early and went shopping with my friend Jeni. We went to Younkers, Target, Walmart, Kohl's, Old Navy and then out to lunch. Shortly after we were done eating Sophie joined us. Sophie is Jeni's baby. She is getting so big and is super cute! She was good while we went to K-Mart and then home to nap. Jeni and I found tons of great bargains! There were not very many shoppers, I am guessing most people had to work since it was a Friday. It was great to hang out with Jeni and get some shopping time without Libby.

While Jeni and I were shopping, Libby stayed back at Mimi and Papa's with Daddy. She got a bath, played with her toys a little and watched cartoons. Daddy took her over to Uncle Nick's to play with Jordyn and so the boys could play PS3. Mimi took Libby back to her house since it was nap time and left Daddy to play with Uncle Nick. I also took a nap the same time as Libby since I had gotten up so early. That night Nick, JJ, Jordyn, me, Mike, Libby, Mimi and Papa all went out to dinner and then back to Nick and JJ's to hang out until bedtime.

Saturday morning we all went to Perkin's for breakfast. Libby was kind of cranky until she ate, then she was crazy. We hung out until she started getting tired. She slept the entire way back to Omaha. All the go, go, go was catching up with her. When we got home Mike and I unloaded all of our presents, luggage, and new purchases. We then put together Libby's new kitchen and doll set. About the time we finished up-it was time to go again.

We went over to Jacque's to watch Austin open his Christmas presents from all of us. He was at his dad's this year so he didn't get to come to Sioux City. He got a bunch of really neat presents. We ate and played Scene It until Libby got tired.

Sunday the 3 of us got up early. We got ready and went out to spend all of the gift cards we had received for Christmas. We went to Bed, Bath and Beyond so I could get a new bathroom rug and a few other things. Next was Best Buy. Mike didn't find anything special that he thought he needed to have (but has since gotten Guitar Hero-which I am addicted to but that is a different post). We then went to Pier One. I have had a gift card since May and decided it was time to find something to purchase. I found some AWESOME curtains for the living room. They look so nice and are just what I have been looking for. After our big shopping spree we went out to lunch at Olive Garden and then home for naps. We lounged around for the rest of the day trying to rest up from the week before and to get ready for the week to come.

No comments: