Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas 2008











So my laptop is still in the shop. Hopefully I will have it back tomorrow. I have decided I had better start writing a post a day and add the pictures later so I don't forget anything.

On Christmas Eve we left for Sioux City around 12:30. Libby napped most of the way so our ride was pretty peaceful. We mostly just hung around at Mike's parent's waiting for everyone to show up. We ate our traditional salad, toasted ravioli, and lasagna dinner. Libby went to bed shortly after that since we ate dinner so late.

We didn't get up too early on Christmas morning. We drank coffee, ate breakfast and waited for Nick, JJ and Jordyn to arrive. We opened presents for about 2 hours. Libby opened all of hers within the first 20 minutes. She wanted us to open every box so she could play with each present. We tried to divert her attention since we didn't want to open everything before we got home. Libby got lots of stuff! She got a new kitchen, some food to go along with it, a Cabbage Patch Kid, a Care Bear, a princess CD player, a Fisher Price doll set with a crib, stroller and swing, a couple of puzzles, a bye bye Choo Choo baby, a sleeping bag, a memory game, tons of stocking stuffers-I am sure I am forgetting something. Before Christmas she got a Sit and Spin from Aunt Joyce. My dad also bought her a Dora bike/big wheel that I put together a little early for her. Mike and I also faired very well with the gifts. We can't complain-Christmas was good this year.

After Libby's nap that afternoon, Libby and I went to my sister's house. We opened presents with Taylor and Caleb. Libby got a Little Einstein's bath set and a play tool box full of tools and screws. Kim made us dinner, the kids played with their new toys and Kim, Matt and I played their new Wii.

Libby played with her new toys a little bit after we got back to Mimi and Papa's. She was over tired from all the excitement from the day and she didn't want to go to bed that night. She cried in bed for quite a while-which is not like her. Nick, JJ and Jordyn were over (everyone else had to leave that day) so while the kids slept, we all played Nick's new game for PS3-"Buzz". It is super fun. If we didn't already have a couple quiz games for Wii I would probably want it.

No comments: