Saturday, August 23, 2008

Summer Vacation part 2




Friday August 15th we went "Up North" to my grandma's house on Lake Huron for the weekend. It was the first time I had been there with the whole family for 12 years. Libby was pretty good considering she was in a big house full of strangers (well, strangers to her) and all the other kids there were boys. Libby made a little progress since a few weeks ago when we were there but she still HATED the sand. She literally gagged when I put her on the beach without shoes. She would sit in the sand and play if she had shoes on-for a short period of time. Libby loved the water however I did not. The lake is a lot dirtier, rockier and more shallow than it was when I was a kid. It was also windy so I was afraid that she would get knocked over by the waves and swallow dirty lake water or hit her head on a rock. I think she had a good time playing with her cousin Ben on the beach and chasing "JoJo" around the house. Maybe next summer she will like the beach and sand a little more.

No comments: