Monday, August 11, 2008

On the road again...

On Friday August 1st we got home from Kansas City about noon. Mike wanted to be home to be at work much earlier however, he spent most of the night vomiting. I don't know what got into him but it must not have been a bug since Libby and I didn't get it. Needless to say I drove home while Mike slept.

After we dropped Mike off at work (he was feeling a little better), Libby and I came home took naps, took baths, unpacked and repacked. We were on our way to Sioux City for the night. We went out to dinner with Jeni and Sophie then went to Mikey and Melissa's to pick up our mail. Apparently the post office only forwards your mail for 2 1/2 months these days because they had a TON of our mail. It was nice to visit the old house again. I don't know if Libby remembers living there or not but she sure had a good time playing with Jaelyn and all her toys.

After we got back to Jeni's we took the girls on a stroller ride around the neighborhood. Libby played a little bit and then we all went to bed. Libby slept all night at Jeni's house. I am glad too because she needed it.

In the morning Libby and I went to give Taylor her birthday present before her big party. The kids played for a while then it was time to head to Cherokee. My Aunt Beth and Uncle Tom were at my grandparent's house for the weekend. Libby was pretty good during our visit. She was getting tired so it was time to leave. It was sure a lot of driving, but it was good to visit with everyone.

No comments: