Tuesday, May 19, 2009

a little rewind...







On Thursday May 7th Libby and I headed for Cherokee. We left the house around 11:30, ran a couple of errands, and left town. Libby slept for a while. We stopped in Correctionville for a snack and rest room break. We got to my grandma and grandpas a little later than I had expected but still had plenty of time for a nice visit. My Uncle Tom and Aunt Beth (my mom's sister) were visiting from IL for a long weekend. My Aunt Beth made Chicken and Noodles for dinner-one of my childhood favorites!! Libby was very good the whole time, unlike the last time we were there.


After our visit, Libby and I headed for Sioux City to spend the night. We visited Nick and Jordyn for a bit before Jordyn's bedtime and to drop off our stuff. We then went to Kim's to play with TT and Caleb for a little while before their bedtime. Plus I had to borrow my sister's phone charger. I didn't pack my charger and forgot how many dead zones there are in between Omaha and Cherokee that sucks my battery's power. Libby played a little bit more at Nick and JJ's before we went to bed.

After we got ready in the morning we ran a couple of errands and then had lunch with my friend Pam. After lunch we went to Jeni's to play with Sophie's toys! Sophie had gotten tubes put in her ears that morning so Jeni was home for the day with Sophie. She seemed pretty happy-like nothing ever happened! We then headed back to Nick and JJ's for naptime.


Libby had a doctors appt. in Sergeant Bluff at 3:30. It turns out that Libby has a form of warts underneath her armpit. The only treatment is some cream (that is only available at one pharmacy in Sioux City) that I would have to put on with a toothpick so it doesn't damage the healthy skin around them OR she can possibly outgrow them in 6 to 9 months. I chose the waiting method. I have to fight her to put lotion on, I can only imagine what the toothpick scenario would be like! She has also lost a pound since her 2 year check up. I know she is getting taller though! A bunch of her summer clothes and most of her summer PJ's from last year still fit. I am glad the weather is warming up since she has outgrown most of her long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts! Libby has the smallest feet ever. I know she is going to take after her mom and both her grandmas in that department.


Libby was perfect the whole way back to Omaha. She is a pretty good traveler-luckily or else I would never be able to go anywhere with her by myself!!

No comments: