Friday, May 29, 2009

I want to watch the band....




Last Saturday we had a very busy day. We picked up Austin so he could spend the weekend with us, Jacque was busy with wedding flowers and work. Then Mike, Libby, Austin and I went out for lunch and hit a couple of rummage sales. We found this Little Tykes Garden, like Libby's friend Sophie's, for $3. It is in pretty good condition and cleaned up really nice. During Libby's nap time, Mike and Austin went to the movies.
My cousin Mikey, his girlfriend Melissa and little girl Jaelyn came to Omaha to spend the day at the zoo and spend the night with us. After they were done at the zoo we went out to dinner. We were at Village Pointe so we decided to check out the band, every Saturday night in the summer they have a free concert. Libby had the best time, after she got over being scared of the loud music. She danced, watched the other kids, and watched the band. The very last song the band played was "Jump Around", which is my favorite song of all times. Libby and I jumped around and Libby's kept saying "Look, everyone is jumping!!" When they started taking things down Libby was saying "do it again" and "try again". We messed around at Village Pointe for a while, let the kids play in the water, and the big kids rode the Ferris wheel. All the way home all we heard from Libby was "I want to watch the band". I guess we will be spending our Saturday nights this summer at Village Pointe watching the bands. We might turn Libby into a groupie before she hits kindergarten!
I am sorry I don't have any pictures from Saturday night. Melissa had her camera there so when she emails me pictures I will add them.

No comments: