Tuesday, July 15, 2008

busy, busy, busy....

On July 9 and 10 my Aunt Jackie (not to be confused with Libby's Aunt Jacque), my cousin Alisa, and her 4 girls were in Omaha for a visit to the zoo. My Aunt lives near Kansas City and Alisa and girls all live in Washington state. Wednesday was a hot day and with Libby's recent ear infection I didn't think she would want to spend all day outside. When they were all done at the zoo, we meet them at their hotel for dinner and swimming. Our friend Ruth (who lives in Council Bluffs) and her 2 girls came along too. It was fun eating out with all 11 of us girls. Libby ate and ate and had a good time swimming. On Thursday- Alisa, Jackie and all the girls-this time including my cousin Tracy-came to visit my apartment. We hung out for a little while and then went out for lunch. It was awesome to see them all again and will hopefully get to see again soon.

On Friday- Libby and I visited a sprayground in Omaha. It wasn't as good as the one in Michigan. She was more interested in the slides and the play area than the water but it was entertaining for a brief period of time. Saturday-Mike played in a tournament so we spent a few hours at the ballpark. Libby, Jacque and I also made a visit to Uncle Rod and Aunt Callie's for a swim. It was a little chilly that day so the swim didn't last very long.

Today-Libby, Austin and I went to a really neat pool. It has a shallow end with a couple of spray areas and a little kiddy slide. Libby could walk around and play on the slide by herself (with supervision). The pool gradually got deeper and also had a deep end with a diving board and a slide for "big kids". Libby is going to be disappointed when we go to the pool at the cabins and she can't play in the water on her own like this pool and the sprayground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

like to get busy with them!! all 5 but I start and finish with the little one she gets it twice