Sunday, July 13, 2008

Libby is 18 months old!!

On July 8th Libby had an appointment for her 18 month check up. We are still going to Dr. Amir in Sioux City for check ups. I guess I should try to find a doctor in Omaha in case of emergency but I would love to keep going to Dr. Amir whenever possible.

When I started typing this I looked back in my blog to see what Libby's stats were at her 15 month check up. Well, the girl hasn't grown at all! She is the same size as she was 3 months ago. Actually this time she measured 2 inches shorter at 30 1/2" which puts her in the 35th percentile. Last time they measured her laying on the scale, this time they did it standing. Libby weighs 1 oz. less this appointment at 22 lbs. 12 oz which is the 25th percentile. I swore she weighed more than that and she was more on the average size. Her head was in the 40th percentile but I have always know that she has a peanut head.

While at this check up it was discovered that Libby had a double ear infection. She didn't act cranky but had been pulling on her ears occasionally but Dr. Amir said the infection was only a couple of days old. When we got back from MI she had a fever for a day, she had been drooling a lot and had a runny nose so I just thought all of those things were because she is getting her molars in. I asked Dr. Amir to give Libby a shot of antibiotics to clear up her ear infection because two out of three times I tried to give her Tylenol/Advil for her fever, she threw it up. I knew the shot was going to be painful for her but not as painful as trying to shove medication in her mouth for 10 days and worrying about how much she actually swallowed. Since Libby has gotten the shot she has been eating and eating and her runny nose has cleared up.

Dr. Amir was impressed by Libby's verbal skills. She didn't actually say very much at her appointment but I told him how she can speak a few sentences and has started putting words together. I am sure she gets her verbal skills from her dad and Aunt Jacque.

No comments: