Monday, February 16, 2009

The girl named You




Libby seriously thinks her name is You. It makes sense though. We show her pictures and say "this is you", we chase her around the house and say "I'm gonna get you". I just showed her the attached picture and asked who was sleeping with daddy, "you" was her answer. Also in the picture "you toys". We have been playing hide and seek. She is a good counter and will wait until I hide (she doesn't get the concept of her hiding yet), when she sees me she yells "You found me!". Last week she started carrying around her trick-or-treating pumpkin. She talks to it like it is a person, asking the pumpkin if it wants to read books and makes it "kick" the ball when we play catch. She also has to sleep with the pumpkin. Every morning she hands me the pumpkin and says "hold you pumpkin". I have been trying to use her name as much as possible but it doesn't seem to be sticking.
On another note I will brag about how smart she is! In the last month Libby's vocabulary has skyrocketed!! She can now count to 10 and recognizes every letter of the alphabet. She recognizes tons of animals and knows what sounds they make. She can speak in complete sentences and most of the time I understand what she is saying. I found a couple of websites that she LOVES. We spend a lot of time learning phonics, capital and small letters and playing memory games. Libby is going to be reading before I know it! We need to spend a little more time on shapes and colors. Maybe someday we will concentrate on potty training too!

1 comment:

Callie said...

Loved this story! You never realize how much your children pick up from your conversations, until they say it themselves. You would never think twice about saying "you" - but just keep up the name thing and she will come around! Just when you are ready to throw your hands in the air - she will get it! It's always that way! Love, Callie