Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cabins 2009












On Thursday July 30 we left for our annual cabins trip. Mike ended up working late so I had to pack the car and get everything ready myself. I thought I was never going to leave! Finally around 7 or so I got there and Mike followed shortly behind. We unpacked and got organized before dark. Friday the boys went golfing and the girls mostly just hung out and went swimming. Friday night all the Water's girls (and their kids) and Brady and Lea came out for a visit. It was sure great to have so many visitors! The kids played, we roasted marshmallows and JJ made us pies before the thunderstorm rolled in. Libby and I spent the rest of the night resting in the cabin and listening to the rain. Saturday was a cooler day. We all just played games and visited most of the day. Gary and Michele came out for a visit, Libby and Aunt Jacque took a long nap and the ALL the boys played whiffle ball before dinner. I think Libby had an awesome time this year. She went around to all the cabins, knocking on the doors, and begging for food. She had fun playing and dancing with the big kids and eating and running around with Jordyn and Jackson. I don't think she was bored for a single minute! The weather was great but could have been a little warmer for swimming but was perfect for sleeping and camp fires. I hope we are as lucky next year!!



No comments: