Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Libby's First Omaha Hospital Visit




Last night we were shopping at Lowe's for painting supplies. Libby was riding in the basket portion of the cart and flips over the side. She hit her head HARD on the floor. She cried for a very short period of time. I was feeling around her body, trying to see what was hurt. Then I noticed the GIANT lump on her forehead. We immediately left the store and went to the ER. She whimpered a little bit on the way to the hospital but seemed OK. We got checked in and sent to a room. Libby just sat on one of our laps and watched cartoons. She was clingy when someone would come in the room, which is normal for her. I think the worst part of the ordeal was when they gave her a CAT scan. She had to lie still which she didn't like. Her CAT scan showed no injuries. Her injuries were so minor we didn't even get to see a doctor. The hospital sent us home and told us to put ice on it (like she would let us), give her Tylenol (you know her history with medication) and follow up with a doctor later this week. So, guess what-we are trying a new Omaha doctor. He was recommended by the PA at the hospital so we will give him a try on Friday-which is also moving day.
When we got home from the hospital we let Libby lay on the floor and watch Blue Clue's (her favorite show) before we put her to bed. I think I checked on her 4 times before I went to sleep. She was up at 3am. I changed her and gave her some milk. She was wide awake and wanted to talk. I think her spill knocked some silly into her because she has been a crack up all day. Libby acts like nothing ever happened. I don't even think she got a headache! We tried to take it easy today but she was climbing around on everything like her normal self. The pictures don't do the bump justice. It looks much worse in person. I think the swelling has gone down a little and the bump is starting to migrate down her face already.
Tonight we went shopping again. Libby wanted to ride in the cart in the worst way but I wouldn't let her. We took the stroller instead.

No comments: